Wood River Vision 20/20 Business of the Month Spotlight
“Stop into the store to fill out our survey about your needs and get a chance to win $25 in groceries!”
Join us at our open house May 24th from 3-7 pm.
Please stop in and welcome Wood River’s newest business to town! MNO Hometown Market is owned and operated by Veronica and Jamie Morse. The family has lived north of Wood River for roughly five years. Four of Veronica’s and Jamie’s five children attend school in Wood River, and their daughter is 1 ½. Veronica has served on the Wood River Volunteer Fire/EMT Squad for 3 years. Prior to purchasing the grocery store, Veronica worked at GI Express and at one time helped manage a Pump & Pantry. Jamie continues to be employed by Bosselman Carriers. A desire to be in business for themselves, for Veronica to work closer to the kids and be more involved in the community led the Morse’s to purchase the store from the Brannagan’s. They are passionate about ensuring Wood River has a local grocery store to keep the local economy strong and attract more people to the community!
Veronica stated “Each time you come in, you’ll see fuller shelves as we continue to build inventory based on truck space and manpower.” Her goal is to have the store fully stocked by May 24th. Things you’ll enjoy at MNO Hometown Market:
- Extended hours for your convenience: M-F 9am-7pm, Sat & Sun 9am-2pm
- Competitive prices
- Fresh cut meat & produce
- All the staples you need for your weekly grocery shopping
- Fresh enchiladas
- Bakery items from a GI lady in the profession – order custom cakes, cupcakes and other desserts. Some items available in-store while supplies last.
- Catering on a carry-out basis (ask for a list of options or let Veronica know if you have a special request)
- Call ahead shopping – we’ll assemble your items and have them ready to load into the car for you
- Grocery delivery certain hours each week – just call with your list
- Case pricing discount for businesses – let Veronica work up a quote on your staples such as paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, hand soap, trash bags, etc.
- Top notch customer service!
Veronica wants to hear from everyone in the community about what would help you purchase the majority of your groceries locally each week. She explained “If there are items you regularly purchase but don’t see in stock, let me know and I’ll add it.” Recently one gentlemen did so, and upon return remarked to another shopper “Well I’ll be darned, she got me my tea bags!” If you have feedback to share too, please visit the MNO Market Facebook page where you’ll also find information about new inventory and specials.
Knowing that every household is price conscious, Morse has priced inventory to be competitive with the Grand Island grocers. The WR Fire Department recently purchased all the supplies for their monthly dinner meeting from MNO Market. They later did a price comparison with HyVee online, and found that MNO came in within a couple dollars of HyVee. Plus, everything was boxed up and waiting for them, and no one had to spend the time and gas money driving to Grand Island to get it. Having a local grocery store is great advantage to Wood River residents – we need to purchase locally to keep it up and going.
The Wood River Area Housing & Economic Development Corporation was instrumental in helping get the grocery store purchase put together. The Morse’s appreciate that support, and look forward to everyone in the community doing their grocery shopping locally so the store can continue to improve and reinvest in the Wood River community.