Wood River Aquatic Center
Welcome to the Wood River Aquatics Center! Below is information about the pool and various topics you might need to know. Please feel free to ask any questions that may not be answered below. We hope everyone will come and enjoy a fun and safe summer with us.
Address: 13801 West Wood River Road – Wood River, NE
Admission Pricing for Daily Entrance
- Children (16 and under) …….. $3.00
- Adult ………………………………. $4.00
Admission Pricing for Season Pass
- Single ………………………………. $60.00
- Single Senior …………………….. $50.00
- Family (of 5 or less) ……………. $120.00
- Family (of 6 or more) …………. $150.00
Hours of Operation:
Pool Pass Information:
- Family and Single Memberships are NON-TRANSFERABLE!
- Membership access: Members are entitled to utilize the pool during normal operating hours and as per the rules and regulations. A member must present his/her membership card for admittance to the Pool at all times. Admittance may be refused if a member fails to provide membership identification by WRAC staff.
Swim Lesson Information:
- Sessions are five days for 45 minutes each. Sessions are held between 9:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. & 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. The cost per child is $35.00.
- Register at the Aquatic Center during pre-season sales on May 31 and June 1 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Payment is due at registration to hold your child’s spot in the class.
- Parent-Tot Lessons will be offered over the supper break (5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.)
- Level 1 thru Level 6 Lessons will be offered in the morning before the pool opens for business hours.
Parent-tot Class Information:
Private Swimming Lessons:
Pool Party Information:
Unavailability of Pool Facility:
Inclement Weather Policy
Tornado Watch Procedures:
- A tornado watch is an alert by the Weather Bureau to the public when conditions appear to be favorable for the development of a tornado. It serves as an alert to inform the public and volunteer storm reporters to watch for tornadoes and take necessary action so that a place of safety can be reached in the event of a tornado developing.
- The Wood River Aquatic Center will close when a tornado watch is issued.
Tornado Warning Procedures:
A tornado warning is an announcement that a tornado has been sighted and, in which, it will be threatening the Wood River area. A tornado warning is a signal for those in the danger area to seek a safe shelter immediately. Upon receipt of information that a tornado appears to threaten the city, public warnings will be sounded via the Civil Defense Signal… (3 minute siren tone).
- Aquatic management personnel will immediately clear the swimming areas.
- Patrons will be directed to the bathhouses and will remain in the most central position of the building. (Patrons will be encouraged to take immediate shelter; however, if they choose to leave we will not prevent them from doing so.)
- Aquatic management personnel will monitor the local radio stations to determine the status of the threatening.
- Swimming will not be resumed until the Supervisor gives an all clear.
- Swimmers will be instructed to clear the pool immediately when lightning is sighted or thunder is heard. Swimmers are not to re-enter the pool until 30 minutes after the last lightning bolt was sighted or last thunder heard and is determined safe for swimming by the manager on duty.