Wood River Aquatic Center
Check out our Facebook
Welcome to the Wood River Aquatics Center! Below is information about the pool and various topics you might need to know. Please feel free to ask any questions that may not be answered below. We hope everyone will come and enjoy a fun and safe summer with us.
Address: 13801 West Wood River Road – Wood River, NE
Admission Pricing for Daily Entrance
- Children (16 and under) …….. $3.00
- Adult ………………………………. $4.00
Admission Pricing for Season Pass
- Single ………………………………. $60.00
- Single Senior …………………….. $50.00
- Family (of 5 or less) ……………. $120.00
- Family (of 6 or more) …………. $150.00
Hours of Operation:
Open Sunday through Saturday from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Wood River Aquatic Center will close from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for a supper break and for Parent/Tot lessons. WRAC will resume business hours from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Pool Pass Information:
All membership conditions have been established to ensure maximum enjoyment and usage of the Wood River Aquatic Center by all members. As a “member” you have usage rights and obligations as laid out in our rules and regulations. Members must note the following:
- Family and Single Memberships are NON-TRANSFERABLE!
- Membership access: Members are entitled to utilize the pool during normal operating hours and as per the rules and regulations. A member must present his/her membership card for admittance to the Pool at all times. Admittance may be refused if a member fails to provide membership identification by WRAC staff.
Swim Lesson Information:
We will be offering three weeks of Red Cross Swim Lessons. Each class has at least one guard with adequate teaching experience. We limit no more than 10 students per class. The amount of lifeguards teaching the class varies depending on the skill level.
- Sessions are five days for 45 minutes each. Sessions are held between 9:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. & 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. The cost per child is $35.00.
- Register at the Aquatic Center during pre-season sales on May 31 and June 1 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Payment is due at registration to hold your child’s spot in the class.
- Parent-Tot Lessons will be offered over the supper break (5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.)
- Level 1 thru Level 6 Lessons will be offered in the morning before the pool opens for business hours.
Parent-tot Class Information:
This class is designed to offer information and support for parents introducing their child to the water in a safe and supporting environment. Techniques and tips on how a parent can support positive exploration of the water are given. A parent MUST be in the water with their child throughout the whole class.
Private Swimming Lessons:
Private swimming lessons are offered by lifeguards who have adequate teaching experience. Private lessons consist of 5 lessons, at 30 minutes a piece. The cost is $50 paid to the lifeguard. Parents are free to communicate with the lifeguard of their choice or may sign up in the pool office to have a guard assigned.
Pool Party Information:
Pool parties will be offered from 6-8pm on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. Reservations will be taken starting at pre-season sales and are on a first come first serve basis. A deposit of $100 is required to book and the remaining fee ($75) is due before the party begins. A pool party contract will need to be signed by the patron, partial refunds will be issued if party is cancelled more than 48 hours in advance. Contact the pool during normal business hours to reserve your day.
Unavailability of Pool Facility:
Wood River Aquatic Center management staff will inform patrons via phone message, Facebook, and Twitter if/when the pool is unavailable. Reasons may include but are not limited to: pool parties (Sunday and Wednesday only), scheduled maintenance closure, mechanical breakdown, fire, natural catastrophe and acts of God.
Inclement Weather Policy
Tornado Watch Procedures:
- A tornado watch is an alert by the Weather Bureau to the public when conditions appear to be favorable for the development of a tornado. It serves as an alert to inform the public and volunteer storm reporters to watch for tornadoes and take necessary action so that a place of safety can be reached in the event of a tornado developing.
- The Wood River Aquatic Center will close when a tornado watch is issued.
Tornado Warning Procedures:
A tornado warning is an announcement that a tornado has been sighted and, in which, it will be threatening the Wood River area. A tornado warning is a signal for those in the danger area to seek a safe shelter immediately. Upon receipt of information that a tornado appears to threaten the city, public warnings will be sounded via the Civil Defense Signal… (3 minute siren tone).
- Aquatic management personnel will immediately clear the swimming areas.
- Patrons will be directed to the bathhouses and will remain in the most central position of the building. (Patrons will be encouraged to take immediate shelter; however, if they choose to leave we will not prevent them from doing so.)
- Aquatic management personnel will monitor the local radio stations to determine the status of the threatening.
- Swimming will not be resumed until the Supervisor gives an all clear.
- Swimmers will be instructed to clear the pool immediately when lightning is sighted or thunder is heard. Swimmers are not to re-enter the pool until 30 minutes after the last lightning bolt was sighted or last thunder heard and is determined safe for swimming by the manager on duty.
Please feel free to contact us by phone at 308-583-1048 or on Facebook!
We cannot wait for everyone to enjoy this summer with us!
Manager: Myriah Leisher
Assistant Managers: Cassie Watts